Tuesday, July 12, 2011

An Unusual Pattern


It was slim pickings today at Goodwill, but I came across an interesting pattern that I've never seen before.

The piece was in fairly decent shape, but since I have round Cinderella casseroles coming out of my ears, I made a bold decision and left it behind. I snapped a pic, however, to share here since the pattern was so unusual.

The rust color was similar to the Autumn Harvest, and it said 'Corning, NY' on the bottom (in addition to 'Pyrex'), so I'm thinking maybe it's a newer pattern, circa 1980s.  Plus, look at those roses, don't they scream 1980s?

And here I thought I'd seen them all...

Chelsea @ Harriet and Quince

5 comments:

  1. Hi Chelsea,

    This pattern is called 'Terracotta Rose" and it's a promotional piece. You can find it at http://www.pyrexlove.com/vintage-pyrex-pattern-guide/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have this piece! I definitely couldn't have passed it up! :)

    --Erin {erinink.etsy.com}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, thanks. I guess I should have checked the ever-reliable pyrex love first! They never disappoint.

    Erin, if you really want it I can go back and see if it's still there. There was a chunk of paint that had rubbed off under the handle (about the size of a dime) but I don't remember seeing any chips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would have bought that one real quick!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. See, this is why I have so much Pyrex! You guys are so encouraging...so then I always go back and buy even more stuff. At least I can blame my addiction on the Pyrex Collective crew ;-)

    ReplyDelete