Sunday, February 13, 2011

crying in front of strangers

you answer an ad on craigslist. there is a crappy pic of some pyrex that kinda looks pink. you make a call. you go for a drive. you find yourself in a dimly lit apartment with a couple of guys smoking on the sofa (so bad for the lovelies and my lungs!! but, the seller shows you the goods! holy smoke....


but, then, there is a box, with another baby in it! its too good to be true!



ok, maybe i didn't cry, but i almost did! i can hear you all screaming how much? how much?....$20 for the entire lot! somebody light me my own cigarette, please....

17 comments:

  1. Amazing! I have never seen a Pink Daisy box before! Congrats on a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! As Peg Bracken used to say, You are Lady Luck's own tot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you...thank you very much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What were they smoking to let that loot go for such a good price, lol?

    OMG, all pink plus Pyrex in a box, a collector's dream come true!

    Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow-- what a score!!! i've never even seen what the boxes looked like, better than i imagined :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so pretty and the box is ieven lovelier! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky, lucky you!!! I'm sure you'll be gazing at it all evening......

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm still riding on my high even though its been a few hours! boy, now that i look at the pic, i forgot to put their lids back on ...they all have their lids. can this day get any better? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK I would so have had tears in my eyes also! Such gorgeous PINK! They look to be in great shape and a box!! Be still my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol - i hope you weren't alone on the trip! ever hear of the craigslist killer??

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!! I would have cried, handed them the $20 so quick it would have made their heads spin, then I would have cried some more, and probably wanted a cigarette!!! Those are just gorgeous, and you were sooooooooo lucky!! I'm about to cry just looking at them!! I found one Pink Gooseberry Saturday which I'll post later, but all this pink Pyrex is overwhelming. Be still my heart!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is just unbelievable! What an amazing haul- and all with lids!!!

    ReplyDelete