Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Son Found Pyrex Flameware!!

My 22 year old son picked this up for me at a thrift store, it's amazing that he even went in this store but he did and he came out with this - I knew as soon as I saw it that it was old - it's Pyrex Flameware with the bluish cast - I did a little research on it today -  it is a stovetop saucepan -  Pyrex began making Flameware in 1936 and only made the bluish ones for 10 years- the size is not stated but looks like it might be a 1 quart size and part of a 3 piece set that sold for $2.45, he paid 25 cents!!!!   It's a neat old piece, lots of scratches and has been used plenty, that makes it even more unique - it's a nice piece to have!!   Hope he keeps thinking of me!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, another family member jumps on the Pyrex bandwagon!! That's a really neat find!! I've yet to find any Flameware like that around here. Hopefully, your son will continue to be on the lookout for Pyrex for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have quite a large collection of PYREX Flameware, but have never seen this piece. What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like using a metal detector in my spare time. I happen to be digging metal in my own backyard and came upon an old trash burning pit. Among the broken glass was a piece marked Pyrex Flameware. Every single thing I dug up was broken, including the Flameware but it was fun to play historian and figure out the age of my treasures.

    ReplyDelete