Monday, January 24, 2011

The big Yellow strikes again!

It has been a while since I have posted. It has been a while since I thrifted. I had to move 1 week before Christmas. I am happy to say the only thing that broke during the move is hubby's computer table. (shhhh dont tell him I did a happy dance about that) The desk was an eyesore. All of the Pyrex made it safely. You can see my collection here. That is not the shelf I wanted to display them in. I am looking for the perfect hutch to makeover in the thrift store. So for now I am using my Ikea shelf. I am thrilled I no longer have Pyrex stuffed in all corners of the house. I had no room before. Now I do. Lots of room.

I had covered 4 chairs for my friend last year and she traded me her mama's Pyrex fridge set. It was a bit scruffy and loved/used. All the lids too. Her mama passed away last year and she had so much to go through. What a hard task. When she gave it to me she told me of all the tuna fish and egg salad that was kept in them. She told me that her mom used them all the time. I was so honored she gave them to me. This past weekend she and her hubby came over for cocktails and conversation and I broke out her mama's Pyrex. I had them filled with lemons and shrimp and meatballs. When she saw she teared up a little and hugged me so tight. She was so happy I used them. She loved seeing my collection and was proud to have her mama's in there. She knows I will take good care of them. You can see the full size here.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet story! I love the pieces that have personal connections behind them- they mean so much more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very sweet story! I love the fridgies too! I think it was a great trade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story to go with that killer fridge set. I love the turquoise and orange color combo.

    ReplyDelete