Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pyrex Primary Color Bowls

These are finally mine!!!!!  Full story and more glorified pictures here.

 I do have a question for the Pyrex experts.  According to pyrexlove, the oldest sets from the 1940s were not numbered, with only ‘T.M. REG.’ in an arch above ‘PYREX’ horizontally in the middle, and ‘U.S. PAT. OFF’ below in an up-facing arch.

Here's a picture of the bottom of one of my bowls (I didn't clean it yet so you could read it).  Could this be an older set??

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon - yes, definitely an older set. Another way to tell is by feel - the older sets are much thicker and heavier than pieces produced later.

    Congrats on your Primary set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that they are so old and still in such fantastic shape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I have a non-numbered primary set as well. This site is helpful in explaining the differences: http://www.corellecorner.com/pyrex-pattern-profiles/269-when-pyrex-pattern-introduced-date-introduction.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You are the owner of an older set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Egads! This blog is totes the bee's knees! I just acquired an old Pyrex cooking bowl with tasty red strawberries on the sides. I <3 it so much it's hard for me to even cook in it. Love the blog, lady!

    George
    Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha oh man! my mom has the same set of bowls and is also a lover of pyrex. our house is busting with the stuff :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, thank you for this info! I have had a yellow 4 q. that was my grandmother's, and it has no numbers, just the U.S. Pat. Off. and TM reg. And it has the thicker glass, def. It is heavy! But we didn't know exactly how old it was. So thanks again! =)

    ReplyDelete