Friday, October 22, 2010

Today Was a Good Day

You know that sad and dreary feeling when you return from vacation? Well--this morning I was drowning in an ocean of it.

We just returned from the sunny shores of Florida to the cold and cloudy hills of Pennsylvania. Luckily, I took the day off from work today to get myself organized and re-group.

After running some errands, and stopping by the DMV to get a new drivers license (UGH), I decided to pop in on my favorite community thrift store to see what was up. I only had $5 in my pocket, so I wasn't feeling very hopeful.

But looky what I found!


Everything was 50% off! So I got two happy Pyrex pieces and they even threw in a copper mold for good measure!

I even left with enough change in my pocket to buy myself a Diet Coke in the vending machine on my way out.

Hmmmm-Maybe returning from vacation wasn't so bad after all!

5 comments:

  1. <--in South Florida! Trust me sweating 9 months out of the year with complete humid air and sticky out. You start to MISS COLD. Certainly during the holidays too.

    I LOVEEee your Pyrex scores. Nice spending. I am so frugal myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving those Pyrex pieces you found! Lucky girl and nice price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOthing better that finding Pyrex at great prices! That divided dish is really funky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice reward for having done your time at the DMV!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you found some thrifty Pyrex pieces to get you out of your post-vacation slump!!

    ReplyDelete