Wednesday, October 27, 2010

BLACK & WHITE FOR HALLOWEEN!

Hi, Linda from A La Carte here!  I am doing a Halloween tablescape over on my blog and thought the black and white Pyrex is a perfect fit!  I wanted to share these with you on The Pyrex Collective


 These two dishes are both promotional items

This Cinderella Oval Divided dish was a Fall Promotional Gift item in 1958.  It doesn't have an 'official' name but is called Barbed Wire
I was the lucky winner of this in a giveaway from my good friend and fellow Pyrex lover Vonlipi
I love this dish!

The other black and white is also a promotional item from Christmas 1959.  It is a snack server with a handle.  Again no official pattern name, but it is refereed to as Compass. 
This divided dish is a 1.5 Qt 
The brass handle is detachable.  It slips over the rim on each end of the dish.  I read on Pyrex Love that the handle is often lost. I was thrilled to find this in a thrift store last year for $2.99

So here are my favorite Black & White Pyrex pieces!


Happy Halloween!
 

6 comments:

  1. Like the white and black, especially Barbed Wire - I need to find some......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I am drooling!!! What a beautiful tablescape!! I don't have any black and white pieces, but I'm always on the lookout for them!! And, I've never seen any here at the thrift stores with the handles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Linda I love what you did with those gorgeous pieces!

    I love the snack server with the handle. Glad you like the dish I sent you! :)

    Happy Halloween to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always set such beautiful tablescapes ~ this one is perfect for Halloween and I love the Pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have both of these pieces. I found them this year. I adore them so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Halloween Linda! Love it!

    ReplyDelete