Thursday, September 30, 2010

Once in a Lifetime

While minding my business and hunting for Pyrex in a  Maine flea market....I saw this!

Yep 3 different sizes of  Terra casseroles! As you may or may not know, it is quite unusual to find them and in boxes...WOW AIE CARAMBA!


Pyrex produced a bowl set, a casserole set and a dish set in that pattern. In my humble opinion it was not a big commercial success...Since the paint is matte, it scratches very easily and looks dull.
The price was very reasonnable and I don't have any Terra casseroles, so I'm looking at the boxes and wondering which I should take....And I see that the largest one is still in the un-opened box....

WOW UN-OPENED BOX!!! WOW PYREX MINT-IN-UN-OPENED BOX!!!

Ok I'm getting it! Should I get it? OMG what is that??? A 50% off sign on all in that booth????

OMGOMGOMG THE PYREX CASSEROLE IN THE UN-OPENED BOX IS ONLY 4.00$!!!

GET ME TO THE CASH' GET ME A DEFFIBRILATOR , I'M HAVING A SEIZURE!!!


Ok I survived the flea market...and I was able to drag my ass back to the room....



 It's in my room still un-opened.

I'm getting curious....Will I open it? Will I wait?

I shook the box so I know it's not in pieces....

What would you do? 

16 comments:

  1. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! I think I just swooned a bit, glad I'm sitting down. OPEN IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not stand not too look at it, lol, but would fetch a better price unopened if you are going to sell. Oh and OMG!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did you get all three or just the one?

    Open it, enjoy it, use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the suspense! I could hardly stand it! These are the kinds of things Pyrex dreams are made of!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my that's a once in a lifetime, for sure! I don't know what I'd do if I were you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I probably would have fainted! LOL ...And what a great price!! I don't think I could stand not opening it, but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't open it. But I've already seen what happens to used terra. I wouldn't chance it. Too much fun to sit and fantasize about having accidentally gotten a promotional dish in the wrong box. For four bucks. Don't open it. It's a trap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're getting me going!!!! For some strange reason I'd not open it! Would that de-value it? How lucky are you missy? Good for you. I'm leaving for Maine immediately!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd buy it and keep my trap shut. Yes, "Start the car" is right.
    Erin
    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's saturday night and the box is still un-opened....I'm going home tomorrow...sigh. Right now I'm thinking that I will open it next week at home and document it for all to see and share the excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! I am hyperventilating myself over here. Seriously, I have chills! What a score.

    ReplyDelete