Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hello, Bonjour, Guttentag!

Hello, My name is Ana (rhymes with Madonna) and normally you'll find me on my design blog Rearranged Design. I found this lovely blog through the Toronto Star article and I knew I had to be a part of it...my people!

I haven't been collecting pyrex long but I've admired it for a very long time and I just needed to find my piece to get the ball rolling as it were. I started with orange casserole dishes, then I acquired a Daisy divided dish but that's not what I wanted to share with you today.

It's this piece:



The Big Bertha 4 quart Aqua bowl. Makes your heart palpitate doesn't it? I picked it up for $3...THREE!
I have a great thrift store circuit that I do near my house and the store that's closest to me I usually skip, they never really have anything and usually I leave empty handed but this time I hit the jackpot!

I thought about styling it with some oranges for this picture but I think it's beauty speaks for itself. It's in fantastic shape and I've been using it for everything. I'm totally in love and now I'm determined to find the rest of the set.

The good news is that I've heard the hardest one to get is the big one...any truth to that?

9 comments:

  1. hi ana! i'm ana (rhymes with .... banana. unless you're my mother-in-law, in which case i really don't know what it rhymes with because she pronounces bananas like madonnas.. sorry).

    just wanted to say how cool that you found us through the great article! and yes... *dreamy sigh* ... no embellishments needed. lovely bowl!

    ana
    (imadeitso.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's the most beautiful bowl! lucky duck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome! and congrats!

    I have a bowl like yours but it has suffered some dishwasher abuse (not by me of course!), I'm still on the hunt for a new one!

    Good luck on finding the rest of the set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Ana! Love that bowl and a great first post by you. Hope you find more of the set! That color is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Ana, welcome!
    The BIG AQUA is the only one I have too. Nice eh? I keep looking for the others.....no luck yet.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  6. The big one is the only one I need...three dollars...to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing how something so simple can be so beautiful.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's a bute! We have her smaller siblings ;)

    ReplyDelete