Friday, August 6, 2010

Hi, all!


I'm Barbara, and I have a very small collection of old Pyrex that I inherited from my mother nearly 30 years ago. Missing is a set of mixing bowls that I gave my youngest son and I'm wondering if I can get it back! Seriously! I live in Florida and will be moving to Texas in the next few months. I retired the pieces that are shown here when I learned that they are now considered collectibles, but I used them hard for many years.


I wonder if there is any interest in a related field - Corning Ware. Most of my Pyrex is mundane bakeware and mixing cups and bowls, but most of it has also been in continuous use for nearly 50 years. I have a lot of Corning ware that I use every single day and couldn't cook without! My husband, to be forever known here as DH, worked for Corning in the 1970's. We lived in Corning, N. Y. for several years. He could tell you a lot about how our favorite glassware was made, the designs printed on, and many other things about the glassworks. It is also home to Steuben glass which is a whole other level of collecting! As for me, I love this old Pyrex best, and the memories attached to mine are very precious.

I hope I can get this posted - it is my second try! I have no idea what I'm doing, so please bear with me!

11 comments:

  1. Sidenote: See the white ceramic thing my Pyrex is sitting on? That's a Corning ceram cutting board that I bought at the company store in the 70's, and I still use it every day, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love Corning too! I have a set of golden butterfly dinner dishes. Your Mom picked great patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have the Spring Blossom dishes but gave them all to my brother when he got a divorce. They stood up to my 3 kids so well I got sick of them,lol! They just wouldn't break, even when I had a ceramic tile floor! I wouldn't give up my Corning cookware for anything, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara!!! How's my Momo? So glad you are here! We should get together in FL before you move! I love Corning too, especially Friendship Festival from 1975. As you know my main pattern is Butterfly Gold but I did have a lot of Spring Blossom and sold it in a garage sale. I loooove the springy one with the orange and yellowad little blue flowers, late 70's I believe, not sure of the name. I have a canister set and a couple cups of that one. Weeeeee! I love ya girl and your avi!!! LOLOLOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Pyrex and I also love corning ware. We use and enjoy both in our home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Butterprint dishes look like the ones we had when I was growing up. All I've got left is a faded little refrigerator dish. I love that these are yours you inherited from your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Barbara, you are doing just fine. I just posted a blog today on Pyrex I have. Love the colours of the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi barbara, nicely posted. i have yet to make my first post here, but i'm just catching up on what's here already. i like that yours were handed down to you, and that you've used them so much. nice collection, i love the turquoise ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I hate you. I didn't even known that they'd made cutting boards. Now I will be obsessively searching for one everywhere. Thanks :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steuben glass can be admired by all!
    http://www.facebook.com/steubendesign

    ReplyDelete